Reviews Matter! It is critical that local businesses have an excellent reputation because 78% of all shoppers base their purchasing decisions on online reviews. Positive reviews can make your business, and poor reviews can break your business. However, getting your clients to...Read More
Protect The Integrity of Your Business. In today’s technical world, your business is only as good as an Internet search reveals. Good or bad, there are likely things about your business that are being communicated on the Internet. Many business owners may not even be...Read More
The beauty of Social Media Marketing is that it is a combination of the three most powerful forms of marketing known to man. It combines the Internet with word of mouth advertising, that can then be spread viral. This means that one person passes on your message to another, who...Read More
Build a solid web foundation with solidly well designed website. Your website says a lot about your business, and should represent the look, message and benefit of your service. At e Smart Marketing, we have a broad base of experience with website development. Combine this...Read More
Want to generate traffic to your website, and build relationships? There is no better method than a content rich blog. If your business posts interesting and useful content, you can get your customers or clients to visit your blog on a regular basis. This is key, because the...Read More
Build your business online, with fresh ideas. Creativity and know how are a winning combination in online marketing. Our E-Smart consultants are armed with creative ability, and have the experience to back it up with powerful online marketing campaigns. From day one, we...Read More
Let Us Help You Get Found, Improve Your Reputation, Build Rapport, and Explode Your Business.
I won’t rehash a lot of what Linda went over. However, this update makes sense considering all of the weird, wild, whacky stuff that has been going on with the Google dashboard, stats, rankings, listings ect. lately.
Linda breaks the entire process down. We will keep you posted here as well.Read More
Fabulous conversation on Google Local Pages over at Catalyst Marketing and why business owners are going crazy….Read More
We’ve made some recent improvements to our spam detection algorithms that have increased the number of reviews that appear on some local Google+ pages.
We hope this improves your local experience!
Online reviews have been in the news a lot recently, and we at Google are committed to helping people to get ratings, reviews, and recommendations that are relevant, helpful, and trustworthy. To protect both business owners and customers from spam reviews, we have systems in place that may remove individual reviews.
No one likes spam, and we’d like to talk about what you can do to make sure all of the reviews on Google+ Local are useful, honest, and written by real people!
Make sure you’ve taken a look at our review content guidelines.
Sometimes you may want to review multiple locations of the same business, such as your favorite fast food chain. Just remember to tailor each review to the specific location. Others will want to know what sets that location apart – be it the super friendly drive thru person, or maybe the unexpectedly awesome lake views.
Don’t write reviews for your current employer. We don’t allow reviews from current owners or employees.
Spam bots use URLs to redirect to other sites or potentially spread malware. We won’t show reviews with links, so, don’t put URLs in the text of your reviews
For business owners:
Be wary of an SEO or reputation management service that promises to generate reviews for your business. We’ve seen companies make up fake glowing testimonies — and we’ll take them down.
We don’t take down negative reviews for simply being negative for anyone, regardless of any other relationships with Google. Instead, we encourage you to utilize the owner response functionality to respond to the review and address the user’s concerns.
If a third party claims that they know how to remove reviews from Google, don’t believe them. Google does not work with any third party reputation management companies and we certainly don’t remove reviews unless they violate our guidelines.
Don’t set up a computer or tablet device in your place of business for customers to leave reviews on site. Consider printing out a QR code or sending a reminder e-mail so customers can review on their own time.
Remember, we don’t allow you to give customers free gifts or discounts for leaving reviews.
If a business accepts paper comment cards it might be tempting to collect them and “digitize” them by posting the reviews on Google+ Local. We ask that all reviews come from first hand experience and do not allow posting reviews on behalf of others.
If you see a review that violates our policy guidelines, you can report the review to us by clicking on the gray flag icon next to the review in question. You’ll be taken to a form where you can tell us why you’re flagging that review. Please note that we won’t follow up with you individually, but we do review every piece of content that is flagged.
By Greg Taylor
Over the past couple of days I have been scanning reviews for dentists and physicians, and have found a common trend; most doctors and dentists a virtually ignoring their online reputation. This is amazing to me when you consider that they provide services that should place the up-most importance on reputation. After all, this is a service performed on their patient’s bodies, and impacts their health and well being. It seems that screening in this area has far more importance to consumers than a where they are going to catch their next meal.
Why are they ignoring it? I don’t know, maybe they are too busy to notice. Maybe they have too much business to care. Whatever reason, they should take notice. Here are a few reasons why:
1. Online Reviews Are Here to Stay- Reviews are not a trend, they aren’t going away, and they are rapidly becoming the norm in choosing healthcare services. Recent studies have found that an estimated 80% of patients choosing a doctor for the first time, will screen the provider via the Internet.
2. Online Reviews Are prominent- Performance is subject to review by existing patients. The yellow pages are a dying medium with 78% of people now search for local business online. Just in the process of searching for a number, current and potential patients will see these reviews and it may give pause for their decision to continue receiving care from the healthcare provider.
3. Healthcare Providers Are More Susceptible to Poor Reviews- Health care is a deeply personal thing, people care about their health and can also be easily offended. Patients are far more likely to write a negative review in the health care field. In less a Physician or dentist is proactive in acquiring reviews, or provides tremendous service the naturally wows people into providing a positive reviews, they will in all likelihood end up with primarily negative feedback.
4. Bad Reviews Will Effect Business- A recent study found that a negative review will translate into an 11% loss of business.
5. Good Reviews Increase Business- Because most healthcare providers are ignoring this issue, it leaves a tremendous opportunity for those that recognize and address it. A doctor who is at the top of a city search for their expertise can leap off the page against their competition. With thousands of potential monthly searches, a review rich listing can demand the attention of many of those potential patients.
These are just a few of the many reasons reviews should be taken seriously in the healthcare industry. Wise providers who recognize the issue, and address it as soon as possible either by a proactive roll on their part, or by hiring a service to manage their online reputation. However, this is not a task that most doctors are going to be able to do on their own. It is a complicated process to repair a reputation, and getting patients to provide good reviews can be incredibly challenging.
So what does a reputation management company do? They monitor the internet for slanderous or negative reviews of their clients. These can be on reviews sites such as Google +, yahoo local, Yelp, Citysearch, Angie’s List, and medical specific sites such as healhgrades.com. When they discover these, they notify their client so that they can address it publicly if they choose to do so. Bad reviews are difficult or impossible to remove. However, when possible, the firm will create content that will push the review down to page two. 95% of searches never go beyond page one, so at that point it becomes a non-issue. This is the extent of the service that most review management companies will provide. It’s primarily a defensive approach.
A smart healthcare provider will take it a step further though, and choose a firm that combines reputation management and reputation promotion. These companies do the following things:
1. They monitor for negative content and report it to their clients.
2. They quickly respond to negative feedback.
3. They quickly use various strategies to bury negative content as soon as possible.
4. They have a legitimate system for gathering positive reviews from their client’s patients.
5. They aid in branding by making sure that Google Plus and other pages are complete and branded.
6. They incorporate SEO strategy such as citation building to aggressively help their clients listings rise to the top of their city listings.
7. They help their clients get many great reviews and stand out from the crowd.
When all of these services are combined, a health care provider can quickly develop a stellar online reputation and drive a tremendous amount of new business to their practice.
According to Power Retail, 86% of in-store buyers conduct online searches before purchasing, and 80% rely on this information to make a decision. Even in B2B purchases, 52% of buyers surveyed admitted to researching purchases online. Effective SEO fills the needs of these website visitors and converts many into buyers.
Short and Sweet!
You need to be visible online contact us Esmart Marketing 801-903-1033Read More